|"Feed me NOW |
or I will chew your arm off!"
"Mom, I'm hungry."
"ummmmm ... ya I know! That's why I am cooking dinner."
"Can I have a snack?"
"Because I am cooking dinner. It'll be ready in 5 minutes."
"Ya, but I am hungry now. Can I have a small snack?"
"BECAUSE I AM COOKING DINNER!"
After this brief convo with my seven year old I turn to find that my 14 year old just poured himself a bowl of cereal.
"Patrick! What are you doing?"
"Why?! Dinner is going to be reading in 5 minutes!"
"But I was hungry now."
grrrrrr! I give up and drain the potato's.
Then Garrett chimes in "Hey! that's not fair! Patrick gets to have a snack and I don't?"
"Go set the table! Dinner is almost ready!"I yell at both of them.
|"Mom. Mom! We're hungry!"|
Finally dinner has been served and everyone is fat and happy. We get the dishes done and the kitchen cleaned up. The dryer buzzes and I RUN in and pull the clothes out, fold them while they are still hot. We get homework done and everyone can finally relax before bed. Things are looking good. I decide to pour myself a TALL glass of wine and read for a bit. I sit down in my favorite chair and get an action figure up my butt! Once I get that situation under control...I am ready to read and then my husband decides to play Call of Duty.
My husband playing C.O.D. means there will be LOTS of screaming and yelling at the TV screen. I once asked him why he plays video games if it stresses him out so much. His response to that was, "Stress me out?! It doesn't stress me out. I play them to relax."
To me anything that makes me yell and scream is not relaxing. And hearing him yell and scream at the TV is not relaxing for me at all either so I decide to take my book and my wine into my bedroom.
I walk in my room and am NOT surprised to find a lego city all over my bed. ugh!
2 Mom's Bed Lane
Mom's Room, ME 04011
Question: "Why don't kids play in their own bedrooms?
My kids answer to that question: "Cuz then our bedrooms will get messy."
Okay so lego city has been relocated, dogs have been fed, cat has been fed, family has been fed, dinner dishes done, homework done, husband is playing video games, kids are actually playing in their rooms, laundry is folded but still not put away but that can wait.
Okay I open the book and....wait for it...here comes the cat. He jumps on my chest and rubs on the book.
"Love you Roman, but mommy needs a break." I push him away and he turns to glare at me with that,
|I don't let just anyone pet my fur!|
I decide instead of getting up and ending this fight, that I will put a pillow over my head and drown it out.
AND that's when it hits me! I know what I want for my birthday!
I want my own Apartment! Nothing fancy, just a little one room efficiency unit. MY one little room of peace!
And my reason's for this birthday wish are as follows;
1. I would have a place to sew. An actual workspace. I could store all of my stuff there and not have to clear it off the kitchen table everyday!
3. I would have a chair that wouldn't have dog hair, cat hair, legos or action figures on it that I could sit and read in.
4. I could actually READ!
5. I could go to the bathroom by myself! My apartment would have a no pet rule....so that means no dogs or cats busting into the bathroom to watch me pee!
6. There would be no video games allowed. That would mean no listening to my husband scream, "What are you doing!? He's over there! ahhhh idiot!", at the TV anymore.
7. If I make a mess, I clean it up and it stays that way for more than an hour.
8. I can listen to any kind of music I want and actually be able to hear it without the sound of fighting brothers in the next room.
9. I could take a nap. Or paint my toenails. Or watch reality television.
10. I could hang up girly pink curtains and have flowery pillows on a white shabby chic couch that would stay white!
11. I'd have a place to go where I can take care of me. A place where there isn't a line of people and animal's looking at me for assistance.
The possibilities are endless! I'd have a place to go when my family is driving me crazy! Don't get me wrong.... I love my husband, kids and pets more that anything in this world. It is great to feel loved and needed by the ones that you love and need. I wouldn't trade my life for anything but I will be honest, sometimes it would be great to have my own apartment. A girl can dream can't she?